Pages

Saturday 3 August 2013

Quillin' Time

Hi everyone, I've already got a bit of backlog with my posts because I don't really want to do more than one post each day, and I don't want to write walls of text about multiple projects in each post. So since I've been a busy bee lately and have a few cards to share with you already, I'm going to get started now.

A few days ago I bought the latest issue (63) of Papercrafter Magazine because I find the kits that come with it quite fun to challenge myself with. But when I found out it came with a quilling tool and strips I was thrilled, because I've always wanted to try quilling but had no idea how and didn't have the tool anyway. With the simple instructions in the magazine for the basic shapes you can make, I was able to suss out how to use the technique within about an hour or so and then I just had to make a card.

This was the result, and I'm really happy with it. I decided to keep things simple and only use quilling for part of the main feature on the card, instead of the whole thing, mainly because I didn't want to bite of more than I was able to chew. I used the papers that came with the free kit and assembled them with co-ordinating card stock. I was disappointed that I didn't have any regular dark blue card stock but it turned out okay because the metallic card I had went brilliantly with the ribbon in the kit.

I really enjoyed using quilling and plan to hone my skills and work on some bigger quilling projects in the future. I'll get a bit more practice first though.

Hope you like the card! Until next time!



2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous card, great quilling - clever you teaching yourself how to do it.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, it was a very good tutorial, they broke it down into very simple steps that were so easy to follow! But I'm glad you like it Pauline! :)

      Delete