Pages

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Peas in a pod

Hi again followers!

Every now and then I like to make sets of cards, because I can make several in a short amount of time. I say short but I normally add quite a bit of detail, so I get all the pieces ready first and then just stick everything down, it's the prep work that takes all the time.

Anyway, while I was clearing through my stash to tidy my storage, and get rid of things I honestly don't think I'll ever use (those items have now been donated to the "family" craft stash in our little store room, so they haven't gone far, in fact my mum will probably end up using it all eventually), I found a bunch of decoupage sheets that I'd forgotten I even had.

And they were really lovely. So I spent some time building up the decoupages and then planning cards around them. I had one sheet with three different ladies on that I'm sharing with you today, and then a couple of sheets with cats on that I'll share with you next time.


I'm trying not to buy any more stash now until I've used the majority of what I have, otherwise I don't think I'll ever remember to use some of these really nice products I have hidden away. Including presents I've received and free gifts from magazines. Some of my absolute favourite papers have come free with magazines, including the ones I've used in these cards here. So it just goes to show, you don't have to spend a lot of money to get some really good products.

These papers came with an issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine and I absolutely love them. They're so feminine and girly and I really like the subtle colours, so they were a lot of fun to play with.

I hope you like the cards. I certainly enjoyed making them!

Until next time!


2 comments:

  1. These all look fabulous Beckit. Great images.
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm going to find it really hard to part with them, that's for sure!

      Delete