Pages

Wednesday 3 February 2016

Workdesk Wednesday - #3 ~ Pretty Soldier

It's that time of week again! And we're kind of back to where we started because I haven't had a chance to do anything more with that Sailor Moon applique project since my very first Workdesk Wednesday two weeks ago. Until now...

It's going to be a short one though because it's already late and I'm pretty tired so it's like quick overview time type thing. Yeah.

Since I'd done most of the prepwork last time I was able to trace my design using baking paper to make my templates, it's a nice, cheap alternative to actual tracing paper that you're bound to have lying about the house and it works just as well. I drew around those onto the felt I was using and then managed to stitch the first layer of felt onto one of the hoops tonight.


Next time I get to work on these I'll be sewing that second hoop, cutting the next layer of felt and stitching all of that down before it's time to add the gems and beads as the finishing touches and then neaten up the back so they're ready to hang up or sell.

Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment