Pages

Sunday 28 February 2016

Something A Bit New

Happy Sunday everyone, I hope you've all had a great weekend.

I haven't really been able to do a lot of crafting this weekend as I'd hoped, things got busier than expected, so the only thing I got to make was for an upcoming something and I can't show you yet in case it spoils the surprise for the recipients. No spoilers!

So I'm going to share with you some items I made a few weeks back because I'm pretty proud of the fact that I taught myself to knit using Youtube tutorials and how to read knitting patterns by just guessing it, in a single day.

First I followed the pattern exactly and made this cute little ear warmer, it's a beginner's pattern but I had just taught myself that day so I'm okay with the fact it's simple.


Especially since I then modified that pattern (in a very simple way... I halved the amount of stitches...) the next day to be able to practice a bit more but finish something off more quickly. I ended up with a cute little wrist cuff that I actually prefer to the ear warmer and plan to make more of. I haven't had a chance since then to try any other knitting patterns but I do hope to in the near future, when I get a little bit of time to myself, because I feel like it's a great skill to learn and truth be told, I want to knit myself so many snuggly jumpers when I've practiced and learned enough... Until then I will have to keep practicing the simple knit stitch on it's own. Maybe I'll make a scarf or something.

Anyway, I think I'm off for an early-ish night.

Until next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment