Pages

Wednesday 2 March 2016

Workdesk Wednesday - #5 ~ One Must Wonder (Who Needs Worbla Anyway?)

Oh boy, this week's Workdesk Wednesday is a bigun' folks!

So my friend owns this really awesome comic book shop a couple of towns over from me, it's called Dark Side (and you can visit the website by clicking the name) and I honestly cannot express how very proud of her I am. I literally don't have the words and I always feel awful that I can't buy more to support her business so whenever she has an event happening that I can attend, I go, I dress up and I try and support her that way.

She has an event coming up. She needs some superheros. I've been itching to try my hand at cosplay armour...

A monster is made...



I have become obsessed with this project in a span of two days. I have planned it during my only spare time, I got to work on it immediately after realising I already have the wig for that!! So for those of you that were wondering, this is what happens when I get my teeth into a challenging project that I really enjoy.


There's a couple of shots in there from Monday but I didn't want to miss a step of this because I am loving it so much and the shot of me at the table is from tonight so it'll do. I've spent maybe four hours total on this and got a lot done, as you can see.

Let me walk you through the steps quickly;
  1. Blow up balloons until they fit nicely into a bra and tape them into bowls so they stand. (I used the ones you get Christmas puddings in. They always seem to come in handy so I always keep them.)
  2. Papier Mache guys! Papier Mache. Layer it up.
  3. Put a bra on the paper/balloon boobies and draw around it.
  4. Deflate balloons and cut along the lines you drew.
  5. Draw around bra on a cereal box.
  6. Cut out and tape the boobies in place. (Yes, I'm going to keep calling them boobies, what else am I meant to call them?)
  7. Check fit before moving on. (Vital step.)
  8. Draw around boobies for additional shaping on breastplate.
  9. Tape in place.
  10. Draw around again for more detail in centre of breastplate.
  11. Tape in place.
This is where I had to stop making the breastplate because I don't get a mannequin to use until tomorrow. So I started on the tiara instead. Steps 12-15 are basically just cutting the basic layers of the tiara out of thicker card (this was an Amazon box) and taping them in place ready to be shaped over an Alice band and covered in Papier Mache before painting and adding details. 


Considering this is only four hours' worth of work, I'm really happy with it. I do only have until the 19th though and I'm not even sure what it's for yet but I am having so much fun so if I don't manage it in time, I may just keep making it for the thrill of it!

I am guessing every step of this by the way...

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment