Pages

Monday 8 February 2016

Remembering Jed

Sorry it's late guys, I was feeling pretty under the weather yesterday and actually I have something a little special to me that I feel like sharing today so I thought I might as well rest up on Sunday and post today instead.

Today marks a year since I lost my first guinea pig, Jedward. She may have been a little pet but she had a massive personality and obviously I've been thinking about her a lot lately.

It's important to me to revisit my happy memories without having to use a computer, regardless of their subject matter and a few years ago I started a scrapbook for Jedward that I haven't really entered into much. I made the cover and the first page before I even moved out but the second page I didn't create until a little while after I lost her. Sometimes it's difficult for me to craft things that are so personal to me but even though it makes me sad that she's gone, it's nice to relive those fun times by creating cute layouts and making her a tribute fit for the diva she was.


The polaroid style prints were a birthday present last year and I love them. I use photo corners so that I can take them out of the scrapbook at any time if I want to but as I include an image, I'm writing the dates at the bottom, just because sometimes it's nice to see just how long ago something happened when you reminisce.

Hopefully, now that there's more time between the initial heartbreak and now, I'll be able to add to this scrapbook a little more often and enjoy some more trips down memory lane.

I hope this wasn't too much of a downer for you folks because making this actually made me a lot happier this evening and I'm really pleased with how the layout turned out. I need to get photo prints for Eclipse so I can work on hers as well and it's reminded me to make sure I take as many pictures as I can of the below three cuties. I will always have pets and these scrapbooks are the nicest way I can honour them.


Every moment is precious, whether it's with a pet, a person or just a pleasant moment or place in time, so treasure them and if there's not enough space on your walls for that many framed photos, still print them out, make an album or a scrapbook. Turning pages is a lot nicer than clicking a next button.

Until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment