Pages

Sunday 31 January 2016

Make It Match!

Happy Sunday everyone!

With so many birthdays and special occasions happening straight after Christmas, I've been kept pretty busy, so I've still got quite a lot of items made and photos stockpiled to share with you on Sundays in between those Workdesk Wednesdays.

This week I want to share with you my mum's birthday card and gift, since that was last Monday so I couldn't post it last Sunday without risk of her seeing. I had previously bought her a nice card, thinking I wouldn't have the time to make her one, but grew increasingly frustrated with myself because let's face it, when you're known for being a crafter and you have a flair for making things, you want to give everyone you love a special, homemade card.

So I got super carried away that Saturday making up for my previous laziness by creating her card to match the wrapping for her gift and make it really special before I handed it over to her that evening when I saw her.

There's something very satisfying about matching sets or collections for me, so I used the wrapping paper in the actual design of the card and then embellished the inside where I wrote my message and the envelope. Which is another thing I've been doing lately. Not just decorating the insides of the cards I make but using really nice, practiced lettering on the envelopes. I like the feel it gives them, it makes them stand out and seem just a bit more spectacular.

I do love to give it the ole' Razzle Dazzle after all.


As you can see, there's a definite butterfly theme going on. I liked the golden brown and had some nice gold ribbon that went well, that is literally the whole inspiration that set me on a crafting rampage. I even forgot to eat lunch that day I got so into it. Totally worth it though, I mean how fabulous does this little lot look?!

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment