Pages

Sunday 24 January 2016

Nanny's Ninety! - And I'm Knackered...

Hello world!

You may have noticed that I'm posting this rather late at night. Well that's because my nanny turned 90 years old this week and I spent the day down in Sussex to celebrate it with her. Which meant not getting home until 10pm after a two and a half hour car journey and although I don't drive, travelling takes a lot out of me and I still had all the pets and my lunch for tomorrow to sort before I could sit down and make a blog post so I am tired. I have 20mins until bed though so I can still get this blog posted on schedule. Sundays and Wednesdays so far seem to be the best days for me to post, so I want to at least keep those two days going. Let's do this!

Right. So. Obviously with such a special birthday, I wanted to make a special birthday card, which meant digging through my chipboard numbers for the right digits, plenty of sparkly bits and I even used calligraphy when I wrote inside the card and on the envelope, so it all looked lovely. It also means I'm learning calligraphy which I think will come in very handy with all my crafting.


I decided to stick to pastel colours and make it nice and delicate because she's quite a feminine lady and I didn't want to make it too bright and childish or too dark and neutral, I wanted to keep it special.

The peacock is a Tattered Lace die that I used in my Cuttlebug (haven't been able to dig that out for ages so that was good fun) and then trimmed to fit the card a bit better since the tail is huge. Beautiful but huge. The flowers were made with a punch and an embossing tool and then tipped with silver marker.

I've also started putting patterned papers inside my cards because a) it's nicer to write on and b) it just gives the whole thing a much nicer finish. Particularly when you add a little extra detail like the punched out flower with a little gem in it. I really liked that.

That's it for tonight though because I'm about to fall asleep at my desk. I can however show off my new signature on the blog and point out that if you hadn't already noticed, the whole blog looks different. I've updated the colour scheme and banner to match my new logo and I've got to admit, I'm loving the new look and pretty chuffed with myself for creating that banner and designing the flourishes on it all by myself.

Yeah, that's right. I can do design stuff too. (Kind of, not really, but at least the blog looks good now.)

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment