Pages

Sunday 17 January 2016

New Year - New Workspace

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you had a great holiday season and that you're ready and raring to go with all your plans for 2016.

Mine started right here, with a daytrip to Ikea and a weekend of building and organising this beautiful new desk so that I'm able to comfortably indulge my creative side with all my crafting.

I'm not doing any new year's resolutions but I am hoping to keep this blog updated a lot more now that I can get a fresh start, so watch this space for some cool little features beginning to pop up over the next month or so. I have tonnes planned, including a brand new look for the blog. I wanted to wait to post my first entry this year until that new look was up and running but it's not quite ready yet and the new year is fading into the distance fast. Where does the time go, eh?

Anywho, I'll get straight to it. I never showed you guys my workdesk when I moved out a couple of years ago, so here's what it looked like (except way more cluttered most of the time)...


This was when I first moved out and hadn't collected a bunch of sewing supplies, etc. I've accumulated a lot over the last two years, including a brand new sewing machine I got for Christmas this past year. So I definitely needed a less cramped craft corner.

Plus it was pretty lonely sat in the bedroom by myself crafting when the boyfriend was in the living room playing video games. I like company.

Enter plans to refurnish the living room! (Which looks fantastic by the way, I'll get some pictures when it's all done to show you.) But for now, you'll have to make do with this beauty!!


The main "everyday" desk is the glorious little Micke from Ikea and the gateleg Norden table, also Ikea (pretty much my whole living room is now), works as my new sewing table/dinner table (I love multi-purpose furniture! And yes those are my dining chairs hanging off the wall next to it, I kinda love that small-space-living vibe) and folds away when not in use so that we have huge amounts of floor space. Seriously, it's like we gained an entire room and we're not done packing stuff away yet. What even?

There's still a few tiny additions I'm waiting on to add to the main desk. I have some magnetic hooks coming that will be stuck to the backboard behind the monitor and will hold my embroidery hoops, double sided tape and jewellery elastic and I need some more CD cases to finish moving over my stamps from an old binder that's falling apart.

As you can see, all my storage is in clear plastic. I did this not because it's my favourite but because it's the easiest thing to keep consistant regardless of where you buy the storage from, no specific ranges to try and manipulate for use for everything. I did however label all the storage using a gold permanent marker so that it kind of feels fancy without being over the top.

If you'd like a more in depth tour of what I have in and on my desk, such as tools, colouring equipment and materials, or if you want reviews of that sort of thing let me know in the comments below or on my Facebook. This year I want to share with you guys the things that you want to see, as well as what I've been working on in general and I'm going to try and be a lot more active and entertaining for you guys, so don't be afraid to ask for what you're interested in, I want to hear from you!

Until next time!


(Wow, I need to update that signature... Ew...)


No comments:

Post a Comment