Pages

Wednesday 27 January 2016

Workdesk Wednesday - #2 ~ ALL The Birthdays!

It's Wednesday! Happy Humpday for all you busy bees counting down to the weekend and happy Workdesk Wednesday to everyone that actually enjoys these posts! Hooray!

This week I was told very short notice by the boyfriend that the birthday party that was previously just "being thought about" for his nan was in fact happening. This Saturday. And he didn't know what to buy as a gift. And she's turning 80. So it's a special one. Boys, huh?

Beckit to the rescue though, spending lunch breaks rushing around town, looking for gifts and finding something lovely and then using her Wednesday evening crafting time to make a pretty card to match. I'm waiting for some glue to dry at the moment so I thought I'd post this entry now and then show you guys the finished product another time. I've included a picture of the present which is what I'm using for the inspiration behind it because we're pretty sure she's not likely to see my blog.

Just in case though; SPOILER ALERT!


My Tattered Lace die was a wonderful match for the peacock on the compact mirror so although it means his nan's card will share a similar feature to my nan's card, I'm hoping to still make it pretty special by making the rest of the card very different.

I've coloured the chipboard numbers with the silver marker, as I did with the 90, since the bold, bright patterns just really don't go well with the style of cards I tend to make. They're lovely, I just tend to stick with more simple designs because I work best with them.

I've tried to co-ordinate the colours as best I can so they match the compact and once the peacock has dried against its backing I'll cut it out, add it to the card and put some bright gems on it so it really pops.

I like how the card is going so far but I still hope it turns out okay. Oh, and then I need to start work on another one because he didn't know what to do for them either. What am I going to do with that boy?

Maybe we'll see next time! Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment