Pages

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Workdesk Wednesday! - #1 ~ Over The Moon

Yo!

So this is a neat feature I came up with for this year to keep me crafting. Basically it's just a little update once a week with a project that I'm working on that day. Which means I have to do at least a tiny bit of crafting or prep for crafting at the very least, every single week.

This is great for two reasons.

  1. I get to set aside some time for myself each week to enjoy my own hobby, which I haven't allowed myself properly since moving out.
  2. There'll be some more interesting content for you guys reading and it'll bring you a bit of variety since it won't just be finished pieces, you'll be seeing WIPs too.
Like today. Today is a WIP, mainly because I've only had enough time to do some prep before writing this blog entry so that I can get it posted in time. But that's cool because I can continue work on it after I post this and it may be a finished product in a future update or still a WIP next Wednesday, depending on what I decide to make in the meantime.

So Workdesk Wednesday this week (heehee, first WW!) is the set up of a project that I've actually been planning for quite some time but only just got round to starting.

As a kid I loved the show Sailor Moon, as I'm pretty sure most of my friends did, and when Sailor Moon Crystal came out more recently I was desperate to make some moonie goodies. The first one being this lovely little two piece set of embroidery hoops!


As you can tell from my sketches in some of the shots (which will be traced to make templates for the felt I'll be using for the applique) they're going to be transformed (eventually) into the inside and outside of Sailor Moon's compact.

I'm hoping to upcycle some crystals I took off a tacky old chandelier that came with the bedroom when we moved in (the frame went to my sister, I just wanted all the sparklies) and maybe some beads or buttons from my stash but it does depend on how well they'll fit into the design at this size, so we'll see.

I've been really looking forward to making these so hopefully there'll be updates more frequently than just Wednesdays and Sundays but I'm not 100% on all the features I want to do yet, so I guess we'll all have to wait and see. Even me.

Hope you guys are excited to see how these turn out because I sure am. I'll keep you all posted anyway.

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment