Pages

Wednesday 6 April 2016

Wonderful Wednesday

I have been a terrible blogger. Let's start over, shall we?

So lately I've been having some difficulties but they all seem to be worked out now and I'm using my daily planner to keep motivated as well as organised using helpful, colourful little stickers. This is what a week of mine looks like. I'm a busy girl even outside of my day job. But I shouldn't be letting my projects and the things that make me happy sit on the sidelines and believe it or not, this blog is actually really important to me. I just need to know what I want to write every week.

So here's what I'm going to do.

After this post, I'm going to cut back to making entries once a week and keep those regular. On weekends, when I'm actually going to be home and have time to do them. This will mean no more Workdesk Wednesday but that doesn't mean I won't be crafting at least once I week. I need to, I have some big plans for this year after all. It just means that instead of showing you exactly what I'm doing, when I'm doing it, I'll be delivering longer, more varied content of a better quality, but it'll be delivered less frequently.

So that this isn't just a super boring re-introductory post though, I have the finished Wonder Woman costume to show you all.

Towards the end of making the costume I stopped taking progress pictures for two reasons. The first being that I was using the same processes over and over and didn't want to keep repeating what I was posting and the second being that I just didn't have the time. I had to get it finished before I wore it to Dark Side Comics in Chelmsford on 26th March.

But I got it done, it looked better than I'd thought it would and it got some great comments. Yes I had to keep adjusting the boobies every five minutes and my toes got so cold that I thought they were going to fall off but it was so unbelievably worth it for the reaction it got from people. There was also some excellent photography taken by Joseph Leeder, some of which you can see below!


Do not fret! This doesn't mean I'm out of cosplays to make! I've booked my tickets for May's MCM Expo in London and will hopefully be debuting two new cosplays. The first being Squirrel Girl!

I'll be doing this with a twist though as I'll be joining a group of other Marvel characters... in pajamas!!!

This cosplay is complete with the exception of turning up the trousers and the arrival of "Tippy Pillow" my squirrel shaped travel pillow that will have a pink ribbon round it's neck by the time I reach the con on the Sunday. Hopefully I'll get the PJ trousers turned up and be able to try everything on and get some pics of that this weekend. Keep your eyes peeled!

The other cosplay I'm working on for May isn't guarenteed to be finished but is already in progress. I discovered a Netflix original anime called Glitter Force recently and immediately had an overwhelming need to cosplay from it and fulfill my lifelong dream to finally be a magical girl. So this happened:


And I will be working on it a lot more over the coming weeks. I mean, what am I meant to do when I already have a wig that works, not cosplay it? Psh.

So as you can see, I have been quiet but certainly not given up my goal of doing something crafty at least once a week this year, I have in fact been quite the busy little bee.

I just need to sort out my blogging routine and get a handle on managing it once a week before I start posting more often.

Until next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment