Pages

Sunday 17 April 2016

Suddenly Sunday

This week's been pretty busy, unfortunately not so much with the crafting, but mainly with running. I had a race to train for, it went well, yay. But you don't want to hear about that, you want to read about what I've been making, right?

I have done a couple of odd bits and pieces here and there in between going out running in my evenings and weekends.

The first thing I made this week was a hand-lettered motivational plaque for one of the girls I work with. She loved it and I'm glad because this is my first time doing anything like it but I do hope to do a lot more in the future.
I have some weddings coming up shortly so I'm thinking something similar to this but obviously romance/love themed might make a nice little gift. Maybe.

The next thing I worked on was making a start on some Hufflepuff themed postcards for the birthday card exchange for Hogwarts Running Club. This meant digging out my Christmas present from my sister and playing with chalk on the cards lucky enough to have embossed bits. (Sadly some don't as I only had very limited pre-embossed cardstock and no appropriate embossing folders to use. Never mind though, eh?)
The chalks are really fun to use with the little pom-pom applicator things and I chose the yellow for the flowers so they were in house colours. I've since added green to the leaves and it looks really cool but I've not got any pictures of that yet.

At this point, I'd like to take the opportunity to post a whole bunch of cards I've made in recent months and just never got around to posting. Say hello to picture spam!
You can probably guess what occassions most of these cards are for so I'm only going to go into detail on the big one. I was actually really proud of this card because I made a few of them as invitations to my "games night" birthday party, hence the theme. Sadly on the night everyone in attendance was super tired and we all kept nearly nodding off but it was really fun anyway and at least my invites were awesome.

The last little update I have to bring you is cosplay related... Hooray! Yes, you're probably going to see something cosplay related every week in the run up to MCM in May but you love it, so here it is.

My Tippy Pillow arrived, which means I got to add a pink ribbon and complete my Squirrel Girl in pajamas cosplay with my very own Tippy Toe!
Isn't she adorable? She opens up so many possibilities for photo posing too. I can cuddle her, prop her on my shoulder, leave her round my neck, rest my head on her like I'm sleeping. So many things!! I love her. And it makes me incredibly happy to complete a cosplay with plenty of time to spare.

Now I just have to get my butt into gear making Glitter Lucky.

Until next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment