Pages

Saturday 9 April 2016

Saturdays Are For Sewing

So I know it's technically not Saturday anymore but I accidentally had a nap in the day that lasted a lot longer than planned. Which meant my sewing got delayed and it was dark outside by the time I got the machine out...

Whoops.

I was then very productive though and got my Squirrel Girl costume finished and tried on, all except Tippy Pillow (I do hope she comes soon just because I love a finishing touch to a cosplay) and I'm really happy with the results!


This cosplay isn't canon but it's just a fun one and I think pretty accurate for the character. The ears are felt stitched over an Alice band and the earrings are made from polymer clay and painted. (It was easier for me to get them a decent, not tacky lookingcolour that way, I know you can use coloured polymer clay).

That wasn't all I did though. I finally sewed my boot covers for Glitter Lucky as well.


They still need pink toes, heels and cuffs added, plus the little ribbons on the front, but they're looking pretty good so far and I want to focus on the dress for a while. I'll be making that as a skirt and top combo though so it's a bit more comfortable.

I still have a lot I wanted to work on today, like a motivational plaque for a gift and some badger themed postcards to send out to the April birthdays in my virtual running club. (Hogwarts Running Club. I'm a Hufflepuff. Get it?)

So far all I've managed to do is cut the cardstock to size and dig out a badger stamp for the postcards. Hopefully I'll get to work on them properly tomorrow though.


That's about all for this week but I'm currently training for a big run next Sunday so next week might not have a lot of exciting stuff in. I'm sure I'll think of something to bring you all, I just don't know what yet.

In the meantime, if there's anything specific you guys want to see, mention it on my Facebook page! If you want certain tutorials or more detailed shots of my cosplay progress, reviews, shopping tips, you name it.

Until next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment