Pages

Sunday 1 September 2013

Working hard or hardly working?

Hello again everyone, don't worry, I'm not hardly working, I am working hard.

I went back to the day job after a week off due to my little op and there's been a lot to do! But I've also been working hard getting things ready for the craft fair next week, if you want more details please visit my Facebook page.

I've not just been making cards either (although I have been focusing on making cards, as you can see, because I don't have very many of them to sell yet), I've been making lots of elasticated bracelets and I've even been playing with clay! My hopes are that I will finally be able to open my Etsy shop and make Beckit's Boutique a reality in the next few weeks. So I've also ordered some pretty business cards that I designed myself and some more supplies to create new stock, ready for my grand opening.

I'm currently struggling to price my cards ready for my stall , although the hardest thing to do was to create toppers, since I don't have many ready-made ones, I've used several techniques, like cutting images from patterned papers like my congratulations card in this post, among others.

At least I've got a way to display them now, all I have left to figure out is how I'm going to display my bracelets and clay creations, although I've had some ideas.

I'm really looking forward to next Saturday now, I think it's probably going to be a lot of fun, even if I don't manage to sell much; it'll still be a nice day out in town with my mum and my sister, and I don't get those very often anymore with the work I do. So I can't wait!

Until next time!







No comments:

Post a Comment